The Right Time for Face Time

Technology has come a long way. I remember when my dad got a beeper, and thinking "wow, this is the single coolest thing to happen in my life." On a side note, I didn't have many friends or lead a very exciting life at the age of 6.

This this bit of technological ingenuity came into the world:

And try as you might, it won't ever leave. Seriously, these things are indestructible. We should just drop these out bad boys out of planes instead of bombs.

Now with technology, I am able to write this glorious little post while sitting on the toilet, on my phone. Don't judge me, I know you are all on Facebook while you're taking care of business. You're all like "OMG look at this puppy!" "Like this post or you hate baby pandas" or "Don't take my guns from me, I am an A'Merican!"

But there is one part of technology that I think people are having a hard time understanding when it is and isn't appropriate to use. Face Time, while cool and fun to use, it should really be limited to only being used while in the privacy of ones own house. Not just once but on several occasions I have come across someone using Face Time in public.

One time while at work there was a girl walking around grocery shopping while using Face Time with her friend. As much as I love Corey or even Alison, I honestly wouldn't ever want to use this while they were grocery shopping. And I am pretty sure that neither of them care enough about me to want to sit on the phone fore 30 minutes while I debate over Quinoa or Couscous.

This girl was walking around, holding her phone up so her friend could see her while she yapped away on her, this is the best part, HANDS FREE headset. I just can't fathom why or how this girl thought that this idea was both a good one and a necessary one. It's one thing to talk on the phone while grocery shopping because at least then everyone else just has to listen to your voice, but with Face Time she was practically asking the whole grocery store to come be a part of her conversation.

Next time I see someone using Face Time in public, I've decided that I am going to walk up and start participating in the conversation. I'll just walk up mid conversation and start throwing in my two cents or answer a question that one of them asks. If you don't want me to be in your private conversation, don't make it public by using Face Time when you're not at home.

Also, I am pretty sure Face Time is primarily used for showing each other your junk. I know that's how I would use it if I had it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to face time Alison next time I know she's with you... I hope you guys will be in the grocery store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or while we are at Yogutland. That happened last time we were there as well!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Mature Immaturity

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger